PADI Advanced Open Water Course Every Thursday & Sunday
You’ve successfully become a passionate certified PADI Open Water diver, and you are now excited to go further?
Advance your diving skills and jump right into your next course – the PADI Advanced Open Water Course, at the amazing and rewarding Komodo National Park !
- DURATION: 3 days
- COURSE CONTENT: 5 adventure dives + theory
- MINIMUM AGE: 12 years old – 10 years old for Junior AOW
- MAXIMUM DEPTH: 30 meters – 21 metres for Junior AOW
- MINIMUM CERTIFICATION: Open Water Diver or equivalent. If you’re already an Adventure Diver, you only need to complete two more Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
Example for a 2 days course:Day 1 with 3 Dives:
- Peak performance Buyancy
- Underwater Picture
- Deep Dive
- Drift Dive
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives once you arrive on Komodo. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving.
The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks, time and orientation.
In the optional Nitrox Course, you will learn why scuba diving with air containing lower level of nitrogen and a higher oxygen content allows you to have more bottom time.
Furthermore you will become familiar with enriched air equipment considerations.
During a practical session and two optional sea dives, you’ll practice:
- Managing oxygen exposure.
- Analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Setting your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox
You can start your PADI Advanced Open Water Course at the day of your convenience.
To ensure the best learning environment, groups are limited to 4 students per instructor and you can choose to take the course in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish or Bahasa Indonesia. This course includes:
- Theory classes
- 5 Adventure Dives
- Nitrox Diver Course (if you take the Advanced Nitrox Diver Course)
- PADI Certification
Book your PADI Advanced Open Water course in Komodo