PADI Open Water Courses
Get Certified and do your PADI OWD Certification Course at Dragon Dive Komodo is a comprehensive program with a focus on safety, skill development and fun!
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded the PADI Open Water Diver Certification Card, which is recognized worldwide!
You will be able to choose the certification that is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 18 meters / 60 feet.
This course consists of 3 parts: Academics, Pool Training and Open Water Check-out Dives.
The PADI Training Materials and Online Training program were designed to allow students to study the theory of scuba diving at their convenience.
Visit padi.com to register online and affiliate yourself with Dragon Dive Komodo.
- Your home study is followed by 4 in class sessions held at Dragon Dive Komodo.
Our Professional Instructors will review all of the theory with you and prepare you for the written exam.
- Our classroom sessions are followed by practical training at Dragon Dive Komodo Pool, located in our Scuba Dive facility.
This is where you will develop your scuba skills in preparation for your Open Water Check-out dives.
- Open Water Check-out Dives: To complete your certification, you are required to participate in 4 check-out dives where you will demonstrate your newly acquired skills in open water. There are a couple of options to choose from in order to complete your open water check-out dives.
Example of planning (3 days with 6h/day):
- Day 1 All day :
- Theory & knowledge Review
- Pool Training
- Day 2 All day :
- Dive 1, max 12 m
- Dive 2, max 12 m
- Final Exam at our Dragon Dive Komodo
- Day 3 All Day
- Dive 3, max 18 m
- Dive 4, max 18 m
- Don’t forget to add a day stop (or 24h) prior your next fly !