PADI DEEP DIVER SPECIALTY
Time to go deeper
Save some time and start online
PADI Sidemount Course IN KOMODO
Enjoy optimal streamline, find flawless trim, better balance, increase your gas supply and extend your dives by becoming a PADI Sidemount diver.
Learn about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration including more flexibility and the ability to explore a variety of different marine environments including cave diving.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The course consists of 3 sections:
- Knowledge Development – read the PADI Sidemount diver manual and complete the knowledge reviews
- Confined water training – a shallow water training session that introduces you to the equipment and how to use it
- Open Water training – 4 Sidemount diver training dives
The PADI Sidemount diver specialty course consists of 4 Open Water training dives at dive sites around Komodo.
There is a Sidemount Specialty diver emanual to read and an open book knowledge review with 9 questions that your instructor will guide you through and review.
The Instructor led knowledge development is conducted during the morning of day 1. Some of the subjects you will cover include:
- What the benefits of Sidemount diving are
- Sidemount Equipment configuration
- Dive planning, gas management and turn pressure
- Sidemount equipment malfunctions & emergency procedures
- Techniques used for flutter, frog and reverse frog kicking
Shallow & Confined water training
As you will be using new and unfamiliar equipment compared to what you have previously dived with it is a good idea to start with a confined water training dive.
And our pool is the best one in town for it.
This will allow you to become familiar with your harness and sidemount equipment configuration and familiarise yourself with the basic skills that differ between sidemount and standard scuba equipment.