Our Liveaboards & Safaris for Komodo National Park
Liveaboard in Komodo & beyond
Excellence in Guest Experience
At Dragon Dive we say “don’t judge a dive boat operator by what they say about themselves – it is way more interesting to read what their clients have to say about their experience.” Hundreds of our guests have posted comments and reviews of their trips. You can access them all here.
Our Dragon Dive Liveaboard “SHENRON“ is a Phinisi boat: a traditional Indonesia wooden sailing ship built in 2017 and refitted in 2020.
Our 5 days dive safaris take divers to explore one of the best dive spots in the world – the UNESCO protected Komodo National Park – hiking Padar & Gili Lawa.
You have the opportunity to sail through remote areas of Komodo National Park and discover the legendary Komodo Dragons.
From November to March , you will sail accross the South Komodo area.
From April to October, we will offer you the best dives in Central & North Komodo National Park.
In the North of Komodo National Park the water temperature is usually nice and warm from the Flores Sea (27°-29°C). There is an abundance of fish near pinnacles where you can spot schooling surgeons, big eye jacks, snapper, barracudas and some pelagics.
The further South of the Komodo National Park the water temperature will drop between 18° to 24°C. Padar island has some beautiful sites where we can start to feel the influence of the Indian Ocean and the difference of temperature.
For those interested who are not Advanced Open Water certified, we require you to take the Deep & Night Adventure dives on board for an additional cost. These dives would count towards completing your Advanced Open Water course if desired in a near future.
- Meeting at the hotel Dragon Dive Komodo the morning of departure at 8.00AM
- Boarding around 9.00/10.00AM
- Return in Labuan Bajo (Dragon Dive Komodo ) late afternoon on last day.
YOUR JOURNEY IN KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
1 dorm of 4 pax located on top floor.
1 dorm with 4 beds located on the middle floor.
4 double bed in Dorm room at the front of the boat.
- Length: 24 Meters
- Width: 4,5 Meters
- Materials: Ironwood Hool & Teakwood
- Capacity: 120 Tons
- Building Year: 2017
- Speed Up to 12 Knots/Hour
- Engines : 6 Cylinder Mitshubishi & 4 Cylinder backup
- Electricity: 220 V
- Backup Electricity Battery Solar Panel 12V
- Fresh Water: 6.000 Liter
- Navigation: GPS, Compass
- Communication: VHF Radio
- 2 Speedboat
- The renovation has been made in 2021
- Closed Dining and briefing room
- 2 dorm cabins of 4 pax
- 1 dorm with 4 double bed
- 2 Bathroom on deck including Toilet & Freshwater
- Open Dining room
- Relaxing Top SunDeck
- Air compressors BAUER Poseidon 200 & Coltri 270
- New Closed Briefing Cabin & 2 extra outdoor Deck for Chill out