Our Liveaboards & Safaris for Komodo National Park
Liveaboard in Komodo & beyond
Excellence in Guest Experience
At Dragon Dive we say “don’t judge a dive boat operator by what they say about themselves – it is way more interesting to read what their clients have to say about their experience.” Hundreds of our guests have posted comments and reviews of their trips. You can access them all here.
Our Dragon Dive Liveaboard “SHENRON“ is a Phinisi boat: a traditional Indonesian wooden sailing ship built in 2017 and refitted in 2022 with diving in Komodo in mind. Guests are treated to a comfortable liveaboard to relax on between dives with deluxe cabins for a great night’s sleep.
Our 5-day dive safaris take divers to explore one of the best diving destinations in the world – the UNESCO-protected Komodo National Park. You have the opportunity to sail through remote areas of Komodo National Park and discover the legendary Komodo Dragons on a unique diving liveaboard cruise.
From November to March, you will sail across the South Komodo area exploring Padar island and Rinca island. From April to October, we will offer you the best dives in Central & North Komodo National Park. Our diving liveaboard cruise is guaranteed to give you an experience you will never forget!
In the North of Komodo National Park, the water temperature is usually nice and warm from the Flores Sea (27°-29°C). There is an abundance of fish near pinnacles where you can spot schooling surgeons, big eye jacks, snapper, barracudas and some pelagics.
The further South of the Komodo National Park the water temperature will drop between 18° to 24°C. Padar island has some beautiful sites where we can start to feel the influence of the Indian Ocean and the difference in temperature.
For those interested who are not Advanced Open Water certified, we require you to take the Deep & Night Adventure dives on board for an additional cost. These dives would count towards completing your Advanced Open Water course if desired in the near future.
- Meet at Dragon Dive Komodo hotel on the morning of departure at 8.00 AM
- Board Shenron around 9.00/10.00 AM
- Return to Labuan Bajo (Dragon Dive Komodo) late afternoon on the last day
YOUR JOURNEY IN KOMODO NATIONAL PARK
This is our most popular diving liveaboard cruise. On this trip, you will enjoy all of the best dive sites in Central & North Komodo. You will do some of the best dive sites in peace before any of the daily boats arrive. Early morning dives let you discover the best of Komodo’s underwater world and give you time to have a relaxing breakfast on our spacious liveaboard. Shenron has been the most booked diving liveaboard operator and we are keen to continue to offer the best of Komodo.
- Day 1: Departure from Labuan Bajo around 8/9.00 AM, 1 dive & 1-night dive
- Day 2: 3 dives in Central Komodo and 1-night dive
- Day 3: Trekking on Komodo island and 2 dives in Central Komodo + 1-night dive
- Day 4: 3 dives around North Komodo
- Day 5: 2 dives in North Komodo and 1 dive in Central Komodo and then return to Labuan Bajo around 5/6.00 PM
- Up to 17 dives
- Meals, coffee, and snacks between dives.
- Experienced dive guides
2 Double Cabin with Private bathroom. Built in 2022.
1 restaurant and briefing area
4 private double beds without a bathroom at the front of the boat.
- Komodo National Park Fees *
- Local Tourism Tax *
- Beer, wine, sodas
- Staff gratuities (guide & crew)
- Equipment (dive computer & torch)
- Length: 24 Meters
- Width: 4,5 Meters
- Materials: Ironwood hull & teakwood finishing
- Capacity: 120 Tons
- Building Year: 2017
- Speed Up to 12 Knots/Hour
- Engines : 6 Cylinder Mitshubishi & 6 Cylinder backup
- Electricity: 220 V
- Backup Electricity Battery Solar Panel 12V
- Fresh Water: 1.000 Liter
- Water maker : 20 Ton/ day
- Navigation: GPS, Compass
- Communication: VHF Radio
- 1 Speedboat
- 2022 renovation upgrade
- Enclosed dining and briefing room
- 2 private cabins for 2 people with ensuite bathroom
- 4 double bed in dorm room with shared bathroom
- Relaxing top sundeck
- Air compressors on board
- Air conditioning in each room